Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Rents

So, my mom and dad are looking to move closer to their grandkids (and their daughter/son-in-law). I never thought my parents were as picky as they originally portrayed. When they first mentioned wanting to move, their only criteria were a two car garage, a ranch with a basement, and a minimum of 3 bedrooms. Well, the list has grown. First of all, my dad wanted to move to Northern Kentucky (because it's cheaper than living on the East side of Cincy where my sister lives). My mother absolutely did NOT want to move to Kentucky because she's a typical Cincinnatian, meaning "I'll never live in Kentucky." Well, I give my dad credit - he's not backing down as easily as we all thought he would. So, they've gone middle of the road and are checking out both Ohio and Kentucky. The problem thusfar has been that, as they have been looking at prospective houses, their list of requirements keep growing. As with most people, there is a certain neighborhood "type" that they want. Well, the areas with the types of housing that they want are kind of limited within a 5-15 minute drive to my sister's. Some of the additional criteria that has surfaced include a formal dining room (not just a great room), a decent sized back yard, and a good-sized kitchen. The biggest issue with all the houses they've looked at is that most of them don't have a formal dining room. My thoughts....boo hoo. They want to be within a certain distance to the grandkids, they're going to have to start realizing that they may not necessarily get everything they want in a house. Or (just a novel idea), wait a while, keep looking and maybe that dream house will come along. Well, things in the Loos family don't work that way. We'll continue hearing all about their woes until they move. And if they do end up settling, forget it. We'll never hear the end of it. I guess that's what happen when people start getting old.

P.S. My parents don't have a working computer to read this.
P.P.S. I love my parents and I'm not bitching about them. (Too much).

No comments: