Sunday, December 18, 2005

I Need a 12 Step Program or Intervention

I've realized I have a serious problem. I've become addicted to something and it's consuming too much of my time. Today, I played Texas Hold 'Em for 3 hours. That's sick. It's that handheld game I got off of WOOT last week. I finish one game and think to myself, "Oh, one more game won't take too long." Three plus hours later, I won twice in a row. Are there any other people out there facing this same addiction? Actually, I DO know of one other person who is addicted. I won't reveal that it is Laura Wooley, because I wouldn't want to embarrass her or anything. I welcome anyone to start a support group for this problem. At our meetings, maybe we can talk about it over a game of cards or something.

1 comment:

Lee said...

You can bet i am facing the same addiction as you do , i played civ3 , medal of honor , warcraft 3 , starcraft and a whole lot more (forgot the names already)

I can play all day long and at the end of the day i will find my vision blurred and i will get a new spectacles , too bad , i don't seem to learn from these and continue to play computer games

sometimes i get really annoyed and i just break the cd into two part and uninstall the games , to hell computer games . but unfortunately someone over the internet come up with the idea of "system restore" and i restore the game back again and again . Technology is making me sick and crazy

Why ? after playing game , i feel lethargic , my eye is tired and i suffer mild migraine . beside , the time i wasted is just as valueble and i feel lagging behind my friends in school in terms of academic result , leadership and sport (things that i enjoy having it instead of 100 level character in world of warcraft online rpg)

okay , it is a problem that existed in my life since the introduction of computer into my house back in 1996 or so , i need to get rid of it as soon as possible ! some say having a wife will control me :) but i am just 17

haha