Thursday, March 30, 2006

My New Obsession


Earlier today, Chris tried start the VW (a.k.a. Satan) Cabrio. It just wouldn't. The poor car has seen its better days. Meanwhile, I'm at work, checking out classified ads and I stumble upon the picture above. I want it. I've been keeping my eye out for classic convertibles and this is the car that I want. For those of you who don't know this particular model, it's an early 70's Triumph TR6. I personally think (although Chris would disagree) that this car is more appealing vs. the MGB. Then again, I wear the pants in this household. (Again, Chris would disagree). Any way you slice and dice it, we'll have a fun, older convertible this summer. Say goodbye to the Satan-mobile, or as VW would like to have it called, the Cabrio. Enter stage left.....the Triumph. At least at this present moment.

Side note: The actual car I'm trying to get is the first one (green). The blue one is just to show what the model looks like from behind. Wish me luck, hos.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad, I just bought both of those cars on EBAY. JA

Matt said...

So does that mean you're selling your Saab? B/c John Anderson seems to be a loyal buyer.

Anonymous said...

I've never been one for the OLDER cars (or men)..But being in the auto repair field...I gotta think!! What happens if you wreck it or it breaks down. Can you get parts? How expensive are the repairs gonna be? But then I look at the other options...WOW..Your gonna look HOT!!!BARE CHESTED....pushing it home..LOL

And of course you could always fill it with dirt and have a mobile planter for the front or side yard... :) Good luck..hope you can get it..I do wish I had my 74 Dodge Charger..talk about a bitchin car!!!!

Matt said...

You have no idea. It would be the BEST planter in Northside. Maybe, just, maybe, it would take peoples' eyes off our neighbor's faux fence.

Anonymous said...

Oh, well look at what I'm going to buy for the summer - ugh! JA
http://www.ragtopsmotorcars.com/65WillysJeep/cartemppg.html