Sunday, October 02, 2005

As Promised




I finally went through with my mention earlier this month. I did it. I got a tat. Here are some pictures of it. The funny thing is, I originally wanted a tribal sun, but when I was looking for samples on the internet, I came across what was called a tribal spider and LOVED it. So, that's what I got. The experience was really great. Chris, Scott, Rob and I all went to two different places in Northside. We first went to Designs by Dana, but I didn't really see anything there that peaked my interest. Plus, they were all very busy at the time and it turns out that they were booked for the entire day. So, then we went to Skincraft and the tattoo artist was just finishing up with someone. No one else was waiting, so I decided to go for it. Jeremiah Ferguson was the guy who did it and was fantastic. He was very patient, described everything he was going to do before he did it and made sure that I was cool with proceeding. Not only that, but he was very patient and every once in a while he asked if I was doing OK. Being a tat virgin, I'm sure he expects that someone might start to feel sick, get nauseous, or even pass out. But, he took his time and kept "checking up" on me. The best part was that he was fucking hilarious! That definitely helped take my mind off the pricking. As far as the pain goes, I didn't know what to expect. Once he started, and pretty much throughout the process, it really wasn't bad. I would describe the pain as being pinched by two fingernails (like an older sister would do). There were only two points during the whole process that it actually bothered me, but it was over in a second. The aftercare is not bad at all either - I just have to put lotion on it twice a day for a couple of weeks. All in all, the experience was great and I highly recommend going to Jeremiah if you're going to get inked. He did a fantastic job in my opinion, but you can be the judge from the pictures. I can say I'm no longer a tattoo virgin. Hmm, maybe I need another. Regardless, my parents are going to shit when they find out.

No comments: