Monday, November 14, 2005

S.A.D.

I think I have S.A.D. For those of you who don't know what it is, it stands for Seasonal Affective Disorder. This means that you get depressed when the weather gets cold and dreary, with less sunlight during the days. A.K.A. winter. Here are some symptoms:

  • Regularly occurring symptoms of depression (excessive eating and sleeping, weight gain) during the fall or winter months. OK, YES, THIS WOULD APPLY
  • Full remission from depression occur in the spring and summer months. YES
  • Seasonal episodes substantially outnumber nonseasonal depression episodes. WHAT?
  • A craving for sugary and/or starchy foods. YES
Or it also could just be that it's a Monday and I have a full week of work ahead of me. On the other hand, it's supposed to snow flurry here on Wednesday morning...that can't help. Or maybe I'm just bored. Yep, that's it.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Let's start a support group! :) Some of us don't get to spend the crappy parts of the year on a tropical Island beach @ a HILTON! Ok I'm done now!