Monday, January 30, 2006

The World Series of Pop Culture

VH1 is having a contest called The World Series of Pop Culture. John Wooley, my brother-in-not-so-law, entered himself, Chris and I to audition for this competition. The whole premise behind it is to "find 16 three-person teams who think they’ve got what it takes to compete in the most intense pop culture trivia tournament to date." The winners get $100,000. The pain in the ass part was having to fill out an application and it asks all sorts of questions about why I think I would be a good candidate. I tried not to be TOO much of a smart-ass, but I definitely made it interesting reading for them. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to eliminate us with them, but rather increase our chances of getting noticed. So, if we get chosen to compete, you'll hear it here first. It would also mean going to New York city the weekend of April 28th-30th. Sweeeeeeeet. In the pop culture words of Mork, "Nanew, nanew." (bitches)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

did Mork use the word "bitches"?

JW

Matt said...

Maybe not bitches, but probably shiznits.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll get some good Karma from the Amazing Race winners from Cincinnati that we saw out that night in December?

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I think he did say bitches, however, they just cut it out in editing.