Thursday, July 28, 2005

Ouch

I was just perusing through some old pictures and trying to organize them, when I came across some f'ed up pictures my sister sent me. She, her husband and a friend were driving from Akron to Cleveland for a wedding this past winter and the roads were pretty bad. I think that particular snow dumped 12-14 inches on that area. They were going 30 mph in the slow lane driving in slush, when all of a sudden, their car started to spin. They spun several times and ended up facing the wrong direction in the high speed lane. To their terror, a tractor trailer was headed right at them. The truck driver said that he had slowed down to about 30 mph, but couldn't move the truck. So, there were involved in a head-on collision with a tractor trailer. They were in a 2004 Mazda 6. Luckily, no one was hurt. Except for the car. Here are some pictures of the nasty wreck.


No, that's not blood on the road, I think it's transmission fluid.


Another angle.


You can see here that the truck ended up almost jack-knifing.

Scary stuff, but it all turned out OK. They missed the wedding, went back, ordered pizza and got drunk. I don't blame them! Oh, and they ended up buying another Mazda 6 since it proved itself in a wreck.

1 comment:

Matt said...

This was an email from my sister: "I'm not sure if I told you the most ironic part of the story.... Nick, Karen and I all returned to work the following Monday understandably shaken up, but otherwise well. A few weeks later, we receive a notice from our insurance company that the trucker had filed for workers comp."