Thursday, June 22, 2006

Nashville. More Than I Expected...

I was only down there for 2.5 days, but I had a good time. I stayed at the GAYlord Opryland Hotel per my earlier post and all I have to say is...wow. It's friggin' big. And nice. While there, we also hit Boundary's (a pretty cool restaurant) and also Wanna B's (a karaoke bar). I'm not one for karaoke. However... I had a good time. Per my last post, I made an ass out of myself, but I wasn't alone. The craziest part is that I spent time with my co-workers and saw MANY in rare form. It was a true bonding experience. Here's just an example of the night: I was dragged up on stage to do karaoke to "I'm too sexy." Let me tell you, it was NOT a sexy performance. Regardless, it was a blast. Thank you, Nashville, for showing a first-timer a good time. And, thank you, work, for paying for a sweet place to stay. Next on deck: A weekend in Cleveland. To be more specific - a wedding, a Reds/Indians game and a birthday. Then, next week, 3 days in research in 3 different cities. Yes, people, I'm fucking important these days. Who knew?

No comments: