Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Result...

The car show was, at best, mediocre. Chris and Brian forewarned us last night, and they were right. There weren't a lot of "wows" as far as new cars go. I guess it's a good thing, otherwise we might have gone right to a dealer and drunk-bought a new car. There were a few that are worth mentioning: We were intriuged by some of the BFTs. (Big Fucking Trucks). I always wondered why some pickup trucks were running $40K plus. Now I understand. They are REALLY big and have a lot of the same amenities that some luxury cars offer. Another worth mentioning was the Toyota FJ. It's the concept-gone-production of the first Toyota Land Cruiser. You'll see a lot of them in 1970s movies when people are on African Safari type trips. Very cool, very retro, but Chris's Element has a lot more room. Next is the Infiniti G35 Coupe. Very fucking hot, very cool. No new news there, but Chris and I would both love to own one. Lastly, and most dearly to my heart, the IS. I love the new Lexus IS 350 & 250 AWD. It's so much more Lexus than my car, but I guess as you get older, your tastes mature as well. I still LOVE my car and I have no plans on selling it any time soon. But, this particular car has come a long way. There are SO many more bells and whistles than mine has. But, all those rings and dings come at a price. If I wanted to buy a new IS, I'd be spending about $10-$15 more than I spent on my car. Oh well, we can all pipe-dream, right? All in all, the car show was something to do on a Sunday afternoon. And they served beer. What else would one ask for? Maybe some percocet or vallium, but that only happens in Amsterdam. Hmmm....I all of a sudden feel like taking a trip.

No comments: